BYD Naval Architects is a dynamic, family run Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering business with operations in the UK. We work on a variety of projects including high performance yachts both power and sail. From luxury superyachts to commercial workboats and passenger vessels. We’re looking to fill one full time position:
- Junior Naval Architect United Kingdom
We are looking for a Junior Naval Architect with 1-3 years of experience to be part of our engineering team. This position requires a strong understanding of computer aided design and the ability to learn new techniques in design and build principles.
Responsibilities of the Junior Naval Architect
- Assist with Scope Definition
- Able to read and interpret class and flag state rules and regulations.
- Concept design for interior and exterior of a vessel.
- Inclining and Stability Booklets.
- Performance analysis for power and sail boats.
- Structural Design and Engineering to regulatory rules in Composite, Steel and Aluminium.
- Systems design and engineering.
- Interior layout design.
- Production design and construction drawings.
- Production support for CNC operations.
- CFD analysis (post training).
- 3D Laser scanning surveys (post training).
Duties to the Company:
- Deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Support the client with their project to the best of their ability.
- Be a strong team player that can help themselves and their team mates achieve success within a project.
- Help be part of the growth of the company and represent BYD Naval Architects at events.
- Someone who is continually looking to improve their knowledge and sharpen their skills.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Architecture
Mandatory Software Skills:
- Autodesk PDM Collection including Recap, Inventor, Fusion 360,
- Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Maxsurf considered an Asset.
If you meet the above criteria and feel you would be a good fit for our growing team, then please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.